Individualized Voice Lessons and Coaching in NYC
At Sage Music, we believe that you should sing the music you want to sing and be the vocalist you want to be. We will teach you the safe and effective singing techniques and the musical skills you need to excel at any style of music that you wish. Our current students take opera lessons, R&B and jazz vocal lessons, or many other styles of voice lessons, depending upon their current goals.
New York Vocal Coaching
We also have a few other students come in for vocal coaching, or to strengthen their voice for public speaking purposes. Several of our faculty are accomplished accompanists and vocal coaches, who are skilled at preparing you for performance.
- All of our singing teachers hold music performance or music education degrees, and have been trained in Sage Music’s pioneering music education philosophy.
- We invest in each and every of our teachers because we want them to be the best singing teacher or the best vocal coach that they can be.
- When we invest in them, they can in turn invest in you and enable you to be the best singer and person that you can be.
Private Singing Lessons
- We believe that private singing lessons offer you the best chance for success. The individual attention that you will receive in private study is far more valuable than the limited attention that you will receive in a group lesson.
- Even though group classes might seem more affordable, a group teacher is simply unavailable to give you the focused attention you need and will receive from private voice lessons.
- Group lessons do provide some benefits, such as camaraderie and the chance to meet other like-minded students. To support these needs we offer concerts, recitals, events, and host workshops and masterclasses from time to time.
Have taken guitar lessons for over a year here with Jason - fantastic teacher, highly recommended.
Sage Music School is the best choice I made for my daughters. I have three daughters playing three different instruments. They did an outstanding job in scheduling their music classes all at the same time. They also are very flexible with our classes. My girls enjoy practicing and always look forward to meeting with their wonderful teachers. The teachers are fantastic, patient and professional!
Me and my daughter loved the consultation with Jason, and Jasmine was very helpful with all my questions.
REASONS TO CHOOSE SAGE MUSIC FOR YOUR VOCAL LESSONS
- Instead of learning songs, we’ll teach you the skills you need to learn and sing any song. Our goal is to enable and empower you
- Our vocal lessons are customized for your individual goals
- Our trained vocal instructors will help you make consistent and steady progress with our ARPEGGIO™ lesson system
- Monthly concerts, recitals, and events will give you the opportunity to meet others just like you
- Sage Music’s warm and inviting atmosphere will make you feel welcome, no matter your skill level
Sage Music School has been rated 5 / 5 on Google
Voice Lessons for Children
- We occasionally get requests for private voice lessons for children. However, because the vocal folds are not yet mature in young children, there is a significantly higher risk of vocal injury.
- Additionally, all children’s voices change during puberty, which requires retraining the voice. For these reasons, we advise against early technical voice training.
- For these students, we encourage them to sing for fun, to take up an instrument that will support their voice later, such as guitar or piano, and to continue to enjoy music until their voices are able to safely support singing lessons.
Singers or Musicians?
The voice is not often thought of as an instrument, which is a problem. Sometimes we hear people talk about singers and musicians as if they are different things, but we aim to teach you all of the skills that you need as a singer and as a musician, because you can be both. We will teach you both the technical and musical skills that will enable you to be a success.
What are singing lessons like at Sage Music?
- When you learn with our teachers you learn to sing in a new way you never thought to be possible.
- The results are permanent shifts in the way you use your body, your instrument, so that you can maximize your vocal quality, without the pressure to sound like someone you’re not.
- We want to help you develop your voice, literally and figuratively.
- When you come for your first singing lesson, our teachers will get to know you, get to know your voice, and get to know your goals in a non-rushed environment with music you are passionate about.
- Your teacher will set out a general plan for your following singing lessons, and give you some advice on how to practice your singing at home or for performances so that you will get the most benefit from your practice time.
- You will also get to see our beautiful music school, and perhaps meet some of our other great teachers, staff and students.
We are building a unique community of musicians here at Sage Music and would welcome you to be part of our growing community. We invite you to take a look at our YouTube channel for a limited number of free lessons, to get a sense of how our teachers can help you sing your best.
Music school founder shares his story and passion for music
Discover the best rates for voice lessons with starting price from $185 tuition per month including 4 private lessons.
Admission to our concerts, recitals, workshops, masterclasses, and other events so that you can take advantage of additional learning opportunities, perfect your performance skills, and meet other musicians just like you.
Find the best prices for lessons that suit your individual needs in welcome and friendly atmosphere that guarantee proven results now.