Learn Guitar in Queens with Proven Modern Methods
Sage Music began through our founders healing journey on the guitar, where he used music and the guitar to recover from a brain injury. Because of this, we offer the most immersive, beneficial, and impactful guitar lessons in Queens, NY.
Our school offers the best courses in guitar, serving the vibrant community of young students, active musicians, and up and coming artists in our neighborhood and beyond. We are proud to offer guitar lessons to everyone, of all ages and of all backgrounds. Our students reflect the many unique residents of Queens, which is renowned as the most diverse neighborhood in the world.
Guitar Lessons based on YOUR Goals
There are so many different styles and ways to play the guitar. We aren’t interested in teaching you the music we want. Instead, we want to teach you to play the music that you want.
All of our guitar teachers are trained to set goals for our students. That way, you can be sure that you are always learning what is meaningful to you.
Have taken guitar lessons for over a year here with Jason - fantastic teacher, highly recommended.
What I liked the most is the approach to teaching, very relaxed, unhurried, building the foundation first before jumping into something more sophisticated during my guitar lessons.
Jason Sagebiel is an excelent guitar instructor. Jason is teaching how to play an acoustic electric guitar. I been going to him for about 2 years and have learned both practical and theory. I highly recommend Jason as a guitar instructor.
My son has been taking guitar lessons from Jason for nearly three years and according to him, it has been a wonderful experience.
Though an experienced guitarist in many styles of music, like many others I’ve long felt I lacked the basic technique and focusing skills necessary to be fully in control of my playing and musical satisfaction in general. Jason’s refreshing back-to basics, direct and supportive approach to technique has given my playing a new lease on life. It’s been well worth the trek from Park Slope to LIC and back each Saturday! A gigging guitarist on his Guitar Lessons at Sage Music School
I’ve learned more about the elements of music and discipline in the past few weeks than I have in years of guitar playing. For the first time in four years, I feel like I am progressing!
Learning guitar on my own was not working, so I decided to give Sage Music a shot. A couple months later, I have improved vastly, have had adjustments made to my guitar courtesy of Sage, and have developed techniques that will make playing easier going forward. Taking lessons here is a great mix of focused technical training and a laid back atmosphere. I’m given license to decide what direction the lessons go in. I highly recommend any beginners out there to consider building a foundation with Sage Music. Guitar Lessons for Beginners at Sage Music School
I have gained not only a better understanding of classical guitar technique, but a whole new approach to the way I understand, practice, and view music in general. Classical Guitar Lessons at Sage Music School
Having worked with 4 different teachers before meeting Jason, I knew from the beginning he was different. I was amazed by his attention to detail and the passion that he was showing for my progress from day one. There might be a lot of guitar teachers out there but Jason put me on the path to becoming a true musician, and there is a huge difference between the two. Jason is more than a teacher to me, I consider him a mentor. Many of the principles that I was taught in class I was able to apply to different aspects of my life. Thanks Jason!
What I enjoy most about these lessons is the fact that I am learning real theory, building dexterity with several exercises, getting many handouts, occasionally being emailed with updates and reviews of past lessons, etc. I also really love the friendly and artistic energy of the building and the area. I would recommend Sage Music to my friends because I’ve tried many different guitar teachers and music schools that have not taught me anything close to what I am learning now. Previously, I was not satisfied with learning song fragments and musical pieces that were not allowing me to improve efficiently. I Also feel that my teacher really takes an interest in my musical progression.
Though an experienced guitarist in many styles of music, like many others I’ve long felt I lacked the basic technique and focusing skills necessary to be fully in control of my playing and musical satisfaction in general. Jason’s refreshing back-to basics, direct and supportive approach to technique has given my playing a new lease on life. It’s been well worth the trek from Park Slope to LIC and back each Saturday!
Well worth the trek
REASONS TO CHOOSE SAGE MUSIC FOR YOUR GUITAR LESSONS
- Instead of learning songs, we’ll teach you the skills you need to play any song. Our goal is to enable and empower you
- Our guitar lessons are customized for your individual goals
- Our trained guitar teachers will help you make consistent and steady progress with our ARPEGGIO™ lesson system
- Monthly concerts, recitals, and events will give you the opportunity to meet others just like you
- Sage Music’s warm and inviting atmosphere will make you feel welcome, no matter your skill level
Sage Music School has been rated 5 / 5 on Google
- Whether you want to learn the guitar for yourself, or are looking for lessons for children of yours, we are committed to providing you with an amazing musical education.
- Our guitar teachers are trained and supervised in the school’s progressive approach to education and work as a team to provide you with the high-quality lessons that have come to be expected at Sage Music.
- We want to give you the opportunity to expand your skills as you begin your musical journey with us.
- We have many high quality guitars available for use in your lessons. These include special sizes for kids so that they will not struggle with an instrument that is too large for them.
- It’s easy to jump in on lessons at our Queens guitar school. We are conveniently located in Long Island City, which is walking distance to every subway line in Queens.
- We’d love to learn more about you, and what your needs are as a guitarist.
- Discover the best rates for guitar lessons with starting price from $207 tuition per month including 4 private lessons.
- Admission to our concerts, recitals, workshops, masterclasses, and other events so that you can take advantage of additional learning opportunities, perfect your performance skills, and meet other musicians just like you.
- Find the best prices for lessons that suit your individual needs in welcome and friendly atmosphere that guarantee proven results now.