Music Teacher Careers at Sage Music®
What Sage Is Looking For
A career in teaching music is rare and exclusive. Therefore, the teachers we hire are looking for a long term, stable career and are held to a higher standard.
- We look for strong musicians. To be good at your craft
- Understand teaching is a skill that can be honed and willingness to do that
- A professional that works well with people, students, and other staff
What To Expect:
Sage Music has changed the paradigm of teaching music across the industry. We expect teachers to understand this is a career and act accordingly by having:
- A dedicated set schedule
- Reliability and dependability
- Work well within the structure and routine provided by Sage Music
- Work in well in a one vs one or team setting
What Sage Is NOT Looking For:
We treat music teaching with its due respect as a true profession. This is not for someone that:
- Wants a side gig or hustle
- Wants the flexibility a contractor status gives you
- Does not want to build upon their skills to be a great teacher
- Sees this as a job as opposed to a career
We will expect you to develop your teaching skills, to grow as a teacher and as an individual. We will expect to see results in our students that you teach, that they are growing as musicians and as individuals.
Sage Music offers this opportunity to those that see their future with teaching music and wants to become part of a team holds themselves to a higher standard than everyone else.
What Do You Gain?
Despite the challenge, the rewards are many. We offer you a welcoming community of teachers, staff and students, a supportive environment, competitive pay, 401k and retirement benefits, paid training, professional development, teacher training, insurance, performance opportunities and the chance to effect real change in music education.
Because we are currently experiencing high levels of growth – more than 70% every year – we are looking for several star teachers.
We are currently seeking teachers of piano, voice, guitar, violin/viola, cello, drums, flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet/brass, early childhood classes, composition, theory and more.
Sage Music Teacher Job Description
What are the benefits of being a music teacher at Sage Music?
- Have a career, not a job.
- Develop your music teaching skills. Sage Music’s teachers engage in our unique teacher training program.
- Become part of the Sage Music Family, a team of educators dedicated to highest standards.
- Benefits (see below).
- Performance based pay. Earn more by being a better teacher.
- You are a great performer, and a greater teacher.
- You value your teaching career more than performing and want to grow with us long term in a career as a music teacher.
- You want to be in a community of teachers who are constantly improving their teaching, musicianship, and professionalism.
- You work hard to accomplish your goals.
- You want more than a job, you want a career that challenges you to be the best that you can be.
- You are a consummate professional, and know how to work and contribute to an efficient business.
- You are a team player.
The successful candidate will complete Sage Music’s proprietary teacher training. Ongoing professional development required. Competitive base wage, plus incentive pay based upon performance.
Available Benefits (after meeting specific requirements):
- 401(k) with employer match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
Open Music Teacher Jobs
Sage Music is hiring music teachers on all instruments to work at our San Antonio, TX location for in person music lessons, and to additionally teach online music lessons.
Sage Music is hiring music teachers on all instruments to work in New York City, NY. We are currently looking for instructors on all instruments.
Sage Music is hiring music teachers on all instruments to work in our online music lesson division. We are currently looking for instructors on all instruments.
Sage Music is hiring substitute music teachers on all instruments to work in our online music lesson division. We are currently looking for instructors on all instruments.