Music Teacher Careers at Sage Music®
We have exceptionally high standards for our faculty as musicians, as teachers, and as business professionals. In fact, we receive several hundred music teacher job applications every year, and only hire a few outstanding candidates. These teachers will provide music lessons in person and online at our school locations.
If you want to become one of the few exceptional music teachers we hire and train every year, and to become part of an excellent team of instructors, you should apply to teach at Sage Music.
We are looking for individuals who want a career in music education, who want to be a part of a larger community, and who are not looking for a side job or gig.
We treat music teaching with its due repect as a true profession.
We will expect you to develop your teaching skills, to grow as a teacher and as an individual. We will expect to see results in our students that you teach, that they are growing as musicians and as individuals.
You believe in hard work, and you are ready for this challenge. You want to become part of the team of professional music teachers at Sage Music, because just any music school will not do – you hold yourself to a higher standard.
Despite the challenge, the rewards are many. We offer you a welcoming community of teachers, staff and students, a supportive environment, competitive pay, 401k and retirement benefits, paid training, professional development, teacher training, insurance, performance opportunities and the chance to effect real change in music education.
Because we are currently experiencing high levels of growth – more than 70% every year – we are looking for several star teachers.
We are currently seeking teachers of piano, voice, guitar, violin/viola, cello, drums, flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet/brass, early childhood classes, composition, theory and more.
Sage Music Teacher Job Description
What are the benefits of being a music teacher at Sage Music?
- Have a career, not a job.
- Develop your music teaching skills. Sage Music’s teachers engage in our unique teacher training program.
- Become part of the Sage Music Family, a team of educators dedicated to highest standards.
- Benefits (see below).
- Performance based pay. Earn more by being a better teacher.
- You are a great performer, and a greater teacher.
- You value your teaching career more than performing and want to grow with us long term in a career as a music teacher.
- You want to be in a community of teachers who are constantly improving their teaching, musicianship, and professionalism.
- You work hard to accomplish your goals.
- You want more than a job, you want a career that challenges you to be the best that you can be.
- You are a consummate professional, and know how to work and contribute to an efficient business.
- You are a team player.
The successful candidate will complete Sage Music’s proprietary teacher training. Ongoing professional development required. Competitive base wage, plus incentive pay based upon performance.
Available Benefits (after meeting specific requirements):
- 401(k) with employer match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
Open Music Teacher Jobs
Sage Music is hiring music teachers on all instruments to work at our San Antonio, TX location for in person music lessons, and to additionally teach online music lessons.
Sage Music is occasionally hiring music teachers on all instruments to work in our online music lesson division. We are currently fully staffed, but you may apply for future consideration when we have an open role.