Why take music lessons?
April 11, 2022
Music lessons are not for everyone, and don't work in every situation. Learn what music lessons are good for, and what makes them work.
Founder & CEO | Sage Music
Do music lessons really work?
Yes they do! But it really depends on whether or not you get a quality music school or teacher.
Let’s say you enroll in a great school. In that case, music lessons can make a big difference in how well you play music, your confidence when you play, your enjoyment of music, and even how much you remember from week to week.
They can help you make progress where you were stuck before, pass an audition, find a creative outlet, or even learn specific songs or styles of music.
Having good instruction can also help you prevent injuries, and avoid mistakes that will cost you in the long run.
By not taking lessons, some students develop a lot of bad habits that lead to frustration down the line. Plus they can take years to fix. That’s why it’s always better to start with music lessons and build a solid foundation.
Ways that music lessons can help you
Want to know more about how music lessons can help you? Here are just a few of the ways that our students report music lessons have helped them.
- I’m feeling stuck, my current methods just aren’t working and I want a better way
- I want to express myself with a creative outlet
- I want to pass my upcoming auditions
- I want to be a professional musician
- I want to learn specific songs or styles of music that I love
- I used to play music as a kid, and I want to get back to it
- It’s something else.
How music lessons can help your child
- My child is interested in music, and I want to support their interests
- My child shows promise as a musician, and I want to help them develop their talents
- I want music lessons to help my child by improving their thinking, discipline, or test scores
- I’m not happy with my child’s current teacher or school, and I’m looking for a reputable program
- It’s something else.
Addtional Benefits of Learning Music
While music is a good thing to learn on its own there are some additional benefits to studying music.
- Why playing music benefits your brain
- How music may make you smarter
- The benefits of online music lessons
- How music lessons expand your mind
have been posted.