Sage Music invites you to jazz up your September Sundays with concerts in Gantry Plaza State Park.
— Joined by community partners, Sage Music is both performing and co-sponsoring the concert series. The Sunday night concerts will feature a wide-range of musical genres and will be held from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 8, 15 and 23.
— Building on the success of last year’s concerts, this year, concerts will be even bigger and better! A whopping 40 musicians from 16 different acts will perform.
— The concert series was founded to promote the artists and businesses of Long Island City. As the area further develops, there is a collective community desire to support and promote the value of the arts in Long Island City, one of the most artistically rich neighborhoods in NYC. Talented musicians and artists work, live and/or study right here in our backyard and this is why every musical act in the concert series will have a tie to our local community.
Featured from Sage Music in the performance lineup is Jason Sagebiel who will take the stage on Sept. 8, together with the New York City Guitar Orchestra. Also performing on night one is Sage Music’s student Evan Murphy. On Sept. 15, Sage Music instructor Taro Morino and Sage Music student Marlon Oliveira will perform. On Sept. 22, Clara Duo will take the stage.
We are beyond excited to see Sage Music participate in such a big way in the concert series this year!
Complete Lineup List:
Sunday, September 8 from 5 – 7:30 p.m.
– Art Song Preservation Society Nana Shi, pianist
– Francisco Brunetta, tenor “My Way” by Claude Francois, Jacques Revaux ; “New York, New York” by Kander and Ebb
– Linda Lane Smith, soprano “The Hills Are Alive” from “The Sound of Music” by Rodgers and Hammerstein ; “Under the Tree” from “Celebration” by Harvey Schmidt and Tom Jones
– David C. Mitchell, baritone “Man of La Mancha” from “Man of La Mancha” by Mitch Leigh; “Impossible Dream” from “Man of La Mancha” by Mitch Leighe
– NYC Guitar Orchestra, directed by Jason Sagebiel Performing Corelli and works written for the group by Pat Irwin (HBO, Raybeats, B-52s), Dave Hart (Film Composer), Jon Pieslak (Composer). To view a video of this performance, click here.
– Evan Murphy and the Tenafly Rye Tenafly Rye, a bluegrass band led by Sage Music’s Evan Murphy.
A full artist lineup for Sept. 15 and Sept. 22 concerts will be announced soon.
A huge thank you to all Sage Music participants for sharing your talents with New York City!For those of you not performing on this year’s concert, we look forward to seeing you, your families and friends join us for concerts in the park!Sage Music